😊Hello Guys! Today I’m going to give you some information related storing and playing games by using an external hard drive .
If your computer’s internal hard drive is small , you will be surely in need of an extra storage in TBs to store your games. In this problem , your best choice is to use an external hard drive.
It’s much better if you can use an SSD , because it’s extremely fast 😉 and time saving than a HDD.
Factors before buying an SSD to Play/Store Games
- You should buy a Hard drive with suitable storage capacity according to your requirements. If you play more games , you should get at least 4Terabytes SSD Drive.
- You should buy an SSD of a Good Brand , as there are non durable products in the market for cheap price.
- It is good if you can get an SDD with a transfer speed of 3.0 , to minimize stuck problems while playing.
😉If you have an previously bought HDD drive you can use it also to store games externally. But there are advantages of using an SSD rather than using an HDD.
Advantages of SSD over HDD.
- Faster speed – For Transferring data and for Playing
- Long Lasting
- Can use in any place. As an example if we use the SSD while moving in a car , the disk will not be damaged and data will not be affected unlike a HDD.
Now let’s see about moving our amazing games from the internal storage of our computer to the external hard drive.
Transferring games to the External Drive without Re-downloading
There are few methods to transfer your heavy games from your computer to the external drive.
- Using a game client
Game clients are a network whose function is to connect the user to the main game server. These game clients will help you to transfer your favorite heavy games in high speeds into the external disk and they automatically works on getting and getting necessary data for the game.
- Creating a symbolic link in game client
- Moving game while granting a new location for the game manager
You can know more about the above methods of transferring games by viewing the following article. 😉 ..
How much slower the game will be , if we play it from an external hard disk?
Game’s speed depends mainly on the game and the nature of the interface , in which the external hard drive is connected.
When look into this topic , the performance of the game will be affected by several factors.
- Specifications of your internal and external hard disks directs affects the game’s performance.
And also the game’s performance will depend on the following factors..
- Specifications of the Ram – Game data should be stored temporarily inside the Ram. Those data will be used from time to time as necessary. So if your amount of Ram is low, it affects for the game stretching.
- Older versions of CPU – If you have a early Generation slower CPU like Dual core , Core2 Duo , it will much more time for loading data.
- Computer port in which the External drive is connected – This is an another factor for game ‘s speed. It’s better if you connect the External Drive to an 3.0 port , because they are very fast while 2.0 ports will take much more time for data transfer and exchange.
You can have more information about ” how to use external hard drive to play games” by watching the following video..
That’s all for today.. We will meet again in the next article soon..😊 Good Bye!!